Considering the health emergency generated by the COVID-19 virus, Grand Velas Los Cabos, located at Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 17, San José del Cabo, Corredor Turístico, Municipio de Los Cabos, Cabos San Lucas, Baja California Sur, C.P. 23405, and in accordance with the provisions of article 10 (sections V and VI) of the Mexican Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties Federal Law, will collect personal and sensitive information related to your health status, with the sole purpose of providing health protection to you, your family and/or companions, and other people who are present in the facilities of this hotel. This information will be treated confidentially in strict compliance with the provisions of articles 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 14 of the Mexican Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties Federal Law. You have the right to access, rectification, cancellation, or opposition writing by email to email@example.com.
Any change to this notice can be consulted at velasresorts.com/privacy-policy.
Identity And Address Of Responsible Party
Promotora Turística Punta BETE S.A. de C.V. (Velas Resorts), at address Av. Costera SN, LH2 Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, C.P. 48335, is an organization that protects your privacy and trust. The department responsible is the Contact Center; located at Av. Cocoteros#98 Sur, Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, México C.P. 63735.
This privacy notice is in strict compliance with the third transient Articles 16 and 17 of the Federal Law of the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals, published in the Official Diary of the Federation on July 5th, 2010, a legal system concerning the protection of personal data held by individuals, in order to regulate their lawful, controlled and reported processing, to ensure the privacy and right to informed autonomy of the people. In accordance with the above, you will have full control and choice over your Personal Data. Therefore, we recommend you carefully read the following information.
- Velas Resorts will use the personal data you provide to offer the best possible service with regard to reservations, vacation packages, weddings, memberships, events, competitions or agreements related to tourism and commercial services.
- Velas Resorts will use your personal data to optimize your service related to criticism, suggestions, complaints or requests you may have before, during and after your stay.
- Your information will help us to offer you future promotions, products, special services, informative bulletins, surveys and other materials of interest.
- This data will be managed according to the parameters set forth by Art. 10 of the Federal Law of the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals.
Promotora Turística Punta BETE S.A. de C.V. (Velas Resorts) will request the following personal data from you
- Any other data required for the company to provide services.
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit card details(online transactions)
We inform you that Promotora Turística Punta BETE S.A. de C.V. (Velas Resorts) does not obtain personal data that is not mentioned by the LFPDPPP, such as sensitive personal data
Limitation Of Use And Disclosure Of Personal Data
To limit the use of your personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or a letter to address Av. Costera SN, LH2 Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, C.P. 48335 (from Monday to Friday from 9:00am - 7:00pm), requesting the limitation of the use of your data.
Means For Exercising Your Rights Of Access, Modification, Cancellation And Opposition.
To access the personal data you provided to Velas Resorts, in order to correct them if they are inaccurate or incomplete, or to cancel or oppose their processing for certain purposes, please submit a written request to our Contact Center Department. The document must contain the following information at minimum
- Mailing address or email address to send a response to your request.
- Documents that prove your identity or authorization to process the request.
- Description of the personal data you wish to exercise your rights over (ACCESS, CORRECTION, MODIFICATION, CANCELLATION AND OPPOSITION)
- Any other information that facilitates the location of your data and attention to your request.
Velas Resorts has a maximum of 20 working days from the date we receive the request to inform you of whether it is appropriate; the response to your request will be sent to the email address you provide. If action is to be taken, Velas Resorts has 15 business days to comply with your request, which will be retained for any required clarification or explanation.
Means For Revoking Your Consent
At any time you may request the revocation of the consent provided to Velas Resorts regarding your personal data, by sending a written request to our Contact Center Department at email@example.com. The request should describe in detail the data for which you are revoking consent.
Personal Data Of Minors And The Disabled As Established By Law
Within the personal data used by Velas Resorts, are some data related to minors and those in a state of interdiction or disability established by law. Authorization by parents or guardians is required for the use of this data. Likewise, the rights of Access, Correction, Cancellation and Opposition are exercised by the representative or person in custody of the minor or disabled person.
Control And Security
Velas Resorts protects the information collected using security technology and controlled access, use and disclosure of information such as specialized computer programs; this is achieved by storing the information in servers (Data Centers) that have limited access controls. For online transactions, security technology is also used to protect all of the information transmitted through various electronic means, such as the use of a secure server under the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. We also have fully trained staff and internal data protection policies.
Note No security or data transmission system which the company does not have absolute control over and/or dependence on internet, can guarantee complete security.
Transfer Of Personal Data
Velas Resorts may transfer personal data to companies within the same corporation. This data transfer to third parties will be done exclusively for marketing purposes.
Electronic Media And Cookies.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information sent by a website to your browser. They are stored on the hard drive of your computer and used to determine your preferences when connecting to certain sites and to track certain behaviors on them. In some sections of our web sites clients are required to enable them. This allows us to
- Recognize you the moment you enter our sites.
- Offer you personalized service.
- Understand your personal configuration of the site, allowing us to know what kind of information you are able to download.
- Calculate the size of the audience, measure traffic and frequency of use of sections of the web sites.This reflects your preferences, allowing us to improve content, titles and promotions for all users and visitors.
- Track certain activities, allowing us to detect the download of files and other activities of interest to the user.
The "Help" button located in the tool bars of browsers will tell you how to avoid accepting new cookies and how to enable/disable them. We recommend that you leave them enabled so that you can enjoy all the benefits our sites offer.
Changes To The Privacy Notice
Velas Resorts may update this privacy declaration at any time. These changes will be announced on the site http://velasresorts.com/
in the Policies and Privacy Notice section.